Skip to main content


San Diego, CA |

The house I rented has lead. I was supposed to move to a motel while a company remove windows and repair the house. The company entered the property without a notice from landlord. Since then, my older son suffers of constant asthma attacks and my younger boy has lead in blood. Also, the owner of the house built some apartments on the back of the house I was renting with out notice. I paid for water for all the apartments and house for four years. I decided to move out because I discovered he was entering the house while I was working. My minor daughter stayed home sick and discovered him entering the house without permission. He only returned less than half of $1,000 security deposit. It's been a year and 6 months and I can't find assistance.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Unless you find a pro bono attorney then you probably will have to hire an attorney for this type of case. it will take a lot of discovery to show lead and that it was the lead that caused your family's health problems.

This is not a comprehensive answer and it is impossible to provide a meaningful response without a consultation. Call us for more information. 619.797.5456

Michael Ryan Juarez

Michael Ryan Juarez


I could not agree more.


No - it would be taken by a contingency lawyer. Contact your local bar association for referrals

Responses to Avvo questions are based on a general discussion of the law and in no way constitute legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is created, and you should not take or fail to take actions based on my answers. Consult an attorney in your area. Time is often of the essence. Act quickly!


You have multiple issues here, some based in landlord-tenant law and others in personal injury. You can either seek a referral from the bar association or retain a qualified attorney. Given the two year statue of limitations on personal injury claims it would be best to act quickly. I hope you find this helpful. If you need further assistance feel free to contact my office.

-Michael R. Juarez Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216 San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 This posting is provided for “information purposes” only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principles discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different jurisdictions.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer