Skip to main content

Where can I find a lawyer to assist me in fighting a Civil Suit for being falsely accused of Domestic Violence?

Ames, IA |

I have been found guilty of a Domestic Abuse/ bodily harm yet I have over whelming evidence to support my claims even text messages that my victim states if I ever left her she would say I beat her. Along with other over whelming evidence and inconsistent testimonies under oath and the police dispatch call. My question of concern is where do I find an attorney to assist in these filings or is it best I pursue alone?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Use the find an attorney feature on avvo.

None of the above information is intended to constitute legal advice; rather it is intended to give the consumer sufficient information to determine whether or not they should consult an attorney regarding their legal matter.


Referrals from friends and family, internet search, or the Find a Lawyer tab at the top of the page.

By the very nature of Avvo, you have only provided limited facts and no documentation, therefore, our response to your question is treated only as a hypothetical, and as such it is merely general in nature. You should not rely on this response in taking or forgoing action in your circumstances without discussing this matter with an attorney. If we had the opportunity to ask you sufficient questions and review relevant documents so that we were satisfied we had all of the relevant facts and circumstances, our response might differ significantly. Without the opportunity to ask you questions, and review all relevant documents and memoranda, we are simply unable to provide any form of legal advice. Our response to your question does not create any attorney-client relationship between us, and we are not acting as your attorney. We reserve the right to decline representation in any case. By answering your question, we are under no obligation to answer further questions. There are very specific deadlines for filing a lawsuit, replying to a lawsuit filed against you, or taking other action in order to preserve your legal rights. You should contact an attorney immediately in order to be fully advised of your rights, and so that you are aware of those deadlines. If you fail to act within the required time frame, you might be forever barred from asserting your rights or defending your position. The attorney answering this question is licensed in Illinois and Iowa only.


Well, I would not recommend you go it alone.

You can reach our offices directly at (515) 288-6041. The comments listed here are of a general nature and should not be understood to create a formal attorney-client relationship -- that is, I am not, and I cannot give you legal advice here. I am licensed in Iowa and to become your attorney, I need to understand the particular facts and circumstances of your legal question.