Skip to main content

Where better to sue for breach of merchandise contract in civil or supreme court?

Brooklyn, NY |

Took wrong order! Did not supply me in time of order with agreement papers, advertisement doesn't match with service, violated duty of care, trust, intrigued negligence for my mental and physical heath, breach a peace for 3 month!

I don't have a lawyer! Would do it myself! Cannot afford.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Choice of court would be determined by the amount of damages being sought. Lower court has jurisdictional limit which you can not exceed. If you are seeking more than $25,000 in damages you would need to go to Supreme Court. As for representing yourself, as the saying goes, an attorney who represents himself has a fool for a client. I strongly recommend you hire an attorney or a the very least review this with an attorney before taking any action.

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and all copies and attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. IRS Circular 230 Notice: Unless specifically stated otherwise, any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. Unless specifically stated otherwise, this communication shall not be deemed to be legal or tax advice, and no attorney-client relationship shall be deemed to have been created.





It depends on your damages. Below $25,000 file in Civil Court. Above file in Supreme Court. You can not get emotional distress damages in a breach of contract case unless you can show an independent tort.

The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


Your damages must exceed $25,000 to sue in supreme court. Otherwise, you can only sue in civil court if below that amount. Any negligence claims must be proved separately from any breach of contract claims.

All answers are for general purposes only and does not create an attorney-client relationship.