Skip to main content

When you are being a victim of Internet crimes, such as harassment and defamation, by someone you have a restraining order

Miami, FL |

Can you report to any Police Department, in Florida if you are out of town? Or in another city? I have also just moved and do not want the stalker/cyberstalker obtaining my new address through my Police Reports. What are the alternatives?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Contact your local FBI, they have jurisdiction

If this answer was helpful to you or if it was the best answer, please click the buttons that state helpful and best answer. Please understand that all of my answers are for informational purposes only, are not legal advise, and do not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. I am not your attorney and you are not my client unless we enter into a signed contract. My only legal advise to you is that you should immediately consult with and hire a lawyer and that you should not represent yourself. If you want to more information about personal injury, visit or if you want more information about criminal defense, visit Good luck!


Yes. Best bet is to stay low profile so the person doesn't find you.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755



And by " low profile " you mean a quiet victim of the crime? I did not understand...


Report it to your local police department. If they do nothing, reach out to the police department where the harasser lives.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer