When they bring you back for hearing for shock probation does the judge make the decision or the DA

San Antonio, TX |

Or both...whats the percentage of ppl getting shock probation...my loved one has no criminal hist 1st time .non agrivated he even has refferals from work that they would hire him back as soon as hes out lawyer has them.

Judge makes decision.

Answers provided on Avvo does not form an attorney-client relationship or indicate that the attorney represents or even will represent the client. Responses to questions are provided and based upon the facts as stated in the question. While attorneys attempt to make a complete and accurate response, there is no guaranty or warranty that the response is correct. You are encouraged to seek qualified counsel, licensed in the state(s) which have jurisdiction over the matters for advice. You are also encouraged to be careful as to your postings as the postings are not confidential.

The judge

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

The judge. In my experience with shock probations if the person comes back without any real problems while in prison they are invariably placed on probation. The real decision usually occurs before the judge sends them to be shocked.
www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
512-495-1813
Austin Probation Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

The judge makes the decision but you should look at it as a positive sign that the judge brought your son back.

No I hired a lawyer but its his 1st time affence no criminal hist and non aggravated . Do I got a good chance he's been doing great in TDC in classes and all