Skip to main content

When someone has a bond that requires a no contact, what is the info about getting a non violent contact?

Canton, GA |

The person is doing comm service, several types of counseling and has lots of character recommendations and statements from those he knows. The victim is not afraid and also has a home with the accused.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


In any case where there is a no-contact provision on bond conditions, if the victim goes to the prosecutor and requests that the bond conditions be modified to allow no violent contact, sometimes they will do so by agreement. If they are not willing, then the defendant’s attorney would need to file a motion to modify bond and request the judge to modify the conditions. If the case is over and the no-contact provision is part of the sentence imposed by the court, the defendant's attorney would need to bring a motion to modify the terms of the probation before he or she would be allowed to have contact with the victim.

Be Well,