When repossessing a vehicle can a credit union charge the member more in fees than it pays the repossession company?

Harrisville, MI |

can a credit union charge me more for fees associated with repossessing my vehicle than the repossession company charges according to fees listed on their website. For example, the repossession company charges a $50.00 redemption fee yet my credit union charged me $75.00. My credit union charged me $20.00 a day storage fees yet the repossession company has their charges listed at $10.00 a day.
Do I have the right to know how much the credit union paid the tow lot?

There were damages done to my car when it was in the lot. A hole was put in the exhaust, the drivers window was off the track and was halfway up with a wedge holding it in place and when we went to check the fluids the oil cap was missing. What is the process for this situation?

I would have to look at you contract but generally it is possible for the credit union to also add their costs occasioned by the actions they had to take due to the repossession your failure to keep your contract cost them as well.
As for the additional claims, you will need proof to claim the damage was caused by the repossession or during storage.
Additionally, the attorney's fees might well be greater than your possible recovery. It appears to me that paying the CU might be you least cost alternative.

To the PROSPECTIVE client, please call myself or another attorney for your choice with more detaiils and an appointment. My PRELIMINARY answer to your question(s) is for general purposes and based upon what little information you have conveyed. It is based on such limited information that the general answer should never be relied as a reason for your action or inaction. My response does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship and such may only be established by mutual agreement, and the signing of a written retainer agreement, which will generally require payment for our services, as this is what we do for a living and, just like you, we must get paid for our work.. .