Questions & Answers
Get the legal answers you need from licensed attorneys.
Question

When purchasing items online, does the billing name have to match the credit card holder's name?

Four years ago, for my birthday my sister agreed to purchase a laptop for me. I had an account in Newegg and found a good deal on a laptop. At the time, I wasn't old enough to have a debit or credit card, so my sister agreed to assist me in the purchase of the laptop online using her mastercard credit card. In the purchase I put my name and address in the shipping info, and in the billing info I also put my name, but with my sister's credit card's shipping address (her credit card was linked to a PO Box). My sister inputed her card information including the card holder's name, card number, security code, etc.

My question is: Can I put my name as the billing name, but is purchased through my sister's credit card.

| 1 answer
Answer
Sponsored Listings
Sponsored Listings