Skip to main content

When petitioning for U visa from abroad, is form 918 supplement B a requirement?

Van Nuys, CA |

If the person is trying to petition to Vermont center for U non-immigrant status, does that individual have to have i-918 B filled? Meaning, the Law enforcement agency certification is probably not an option,as in order to file a complaint to the Police or DA, one must be present in the US, but here the applicant is abroad, albeit her reasons (the crime she fell a victim of is very serious) How to deal with this situation? Thanks

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

The whole point of the U-Visa is that the individual must have been helpful in the prosecution of the crime. So if the crime was never reported to the police, individual is likely not even eligible.

Ms. Weller's firm is dedicated to the area of immigration and nationality law. Please note the information provided herein does not constitute legal advice and should not be construed as such by anyone. It should not be relied upon as legal advice as more specific facts, research and analysis may be required to formulate a proper strategy and action in your matter. Please note this does not create an attorney-client relationship whatsoever. You should seek the assistance of an experienced immigration attorney to review your matter thoroughly and gather all of the necessary information and documentation to provide you with the best possible legal solution.


Yes. Required.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.



The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer