When Parents are in court for parental rights termination issues do they have a right to a jury trial?

Spanaway, WA |

I have read the laws as well as the court rules in civil issues in regards to jury trial. I cannot find any law or case law that denies the parents the right to a jury trial. This is not a monetary issue, or anything in regards to criminal, or child support. This strictly pertains to the parents ability to care for the child. Read the rules or laws carefully if you must. I have spent a total of 8 hours in research. If you have supportive information please include it in your reply. Thanks much

See my AVVO Legal Guide "No Right to Jury Trial in Termination Cases." You should consult with an experienced termination attorney.

This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the attorney responding, and no attorney-client confidentiality. The law changes frequently, and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information provided in this Answer is general in nature and may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question. The applicable law and the appropriate answer may be different in the State or States where the relevant facts occurred. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes