Skip to main content

When mailing a package for USCIS for Green Card based on marriage, what should I get from our joint account bank?

Oak Brook, IL |

Do i need to mail the whole bank statement to USCIS? its like 8 pages, the first page has both our names on it . or should i mail only a letter from the bank states that we both have a joint account ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

When applying for the marriage based AOS (green card) you do not need to send any proof,of your marriage being in good faith. You'll be asked to bring this to your interview in about 4-5 months time.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


The more evidence the better to prove the bona fides of your marriage. Be sure to retain an attorney. Do not file anything with USCIS without legal help, Search Avvo for competent counsel to assist you. With respect to your question, it is not only one bank statements but all bank statements showing the length of relationship, etc., so you can show how long you lived together, etc.

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney see his profile; attorney number: 281-733-2875.


You file the forms and the document list will be included in your interview notice. You should have an attorney to accompany you and review the submissions before the interview. For more information, please follow the link below.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.