Skip to main content

When it comes to a finalized divorce with children is visitaion according to the divorce papers or the mediation papers

Chautauqua, KS |

My x wife thinks that i sould be following the mediation papers along with the divorce papers when it comes to the amount of parenting time she gets to spend with our child. I would like to know what I am legaly obligated to follow. Our divorce was finalized about 8 mts ago

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The divorce decree is the only document that matters. If the judge didn't order it, then it isn't a requirement.

We can be reached at 507.334.0155. Our web address is: www. Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of Corbin Law Office are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied. We are a debt relief agency. Corbin Law Office helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.


Mediation papers are only a draft of what was agreed to that then must be put into final form for signature after (hopefully) being reviewed by your attorney. If it is attached to the divorce decree as a negotiated settlement, then it should be enforceable. If not, divorce decree governs.

This advice was intended to be general in nature and not to be taken as a legal opinion or legal advice and was not deemed to create an attorney-client relationship


I am not sure what state you are in but the Judgment is what you follow.The other agreements ie Marital Settlement Agreement, Joint Parenting are usually incorporated into the judgment.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer