Skip to main content

When is the best time to file a disciplinary report on an attorney?

Little Rock, AR |

My criminal atty w/drew for "irreconcilable differences" b/c I would not take a plea. The case has been going on for 2 1/2 yrs & he has done nothing to dismiss.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Based on the very limited information in your post, I do not see the basis for a grievance against the lawyer. You did have irreconcilable differences. You didn't want to take his advice to take a plea.

Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice.


Neither the law nor the ethics rules require a lawyer to agree with their client. If you and your attorney felt that the path forward for your case should take wildly different routes, it is in your best interest that your former attorney withdraw. Why would you want to be represented by someone that didn't agree with your preferred course? My recommendation is that you quickly go out and find competent and experienced counsel. If you don't wish to seek a plea, then be sure and get a good lawyer that had tried lots of criminal proceedings in the past. I'm personally not in that area. There is a great, fabulous criminal lawyer by the name of John Collins in Little Rock. He is on avvo.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer