Skip to main content

When I was 14yrs old immigration gave me removal order will the effect my i485 throught merrige ?

Minneapolis, MN |

My parents file forme when I was a minor and they where granted residential and I was denied and giving removal order never eft since I was a minor 14 yrs old. Hot merry and got i130 aprove but i485 denied because removl order...

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Yes, an outstanding order of removal will affect your ability to adjust status, but all is not lost. You really need to consult with a qualified immigration attorney before doing anything. I have a lot of questions based on your initial question, such as how did you enter originally (with or without inspection). When did you enter? How old are you now? Might you be eligible for DACA? You could possibly file a motion to reopen the prior order of removal since you have potential relief available now. All of these issues are things you should be sitting down and discussing with an immigration lawyer. Good luck to you.


More information is needed to answer your question. If immigration judge issued a removal, but you did not leave, you may be deported any time, unless a motion to reopen is filed on your behalf and granted. If the order you mention has been properly executed, you may be able to return after filing for appropriate waivers.
If you have never been ordered removed through the court, but only was denied a legal status by USCIS, the situation may be completely different.
I would strongly encourage you not to undertake anything without an attorney's advice, because any form filed may now lead to your deportation.

Nothing in this post shall be construed as a legal advice. If you need advice regarding your particular situation, please contact my office directly. This information is transferred without an intent to creat an attorney-client relationship.


You need to get the deportation order reopened.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Hello. You are clearly in need of private attorney help. You should not file any documents whatsoever on your own at this time. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

Tricia Dwyer, Esq.
Phone: 612-296-9666

Minneapolis, Twin Cities, - St. Cloud area, Minnesota licensed attorney, Tricia Dwyer, Esq.: Phone 612-296-9666. IMMIGRATION Law, MATRIMONIAL - MARRIAGE Law, MEDIATOR, Rule 114 Qualified Neutral, Minnesota Supreme Court Roster Mediator, Tricia Dwyer, Esq. & Associates PLLC, Phone: 612.296-9666 - EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR until 8 p.m. daily. See