Skip to main content

When filing for back child support, does it have to be done in the county orginally issuing the judgement?

Daytona Beach, FL |

I was awarded a judgement for child support, which has never been paid. When filing for back payment, does this have to be done in the county in which it was orginally ordered? We have since moved, although still within the state of FL.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Yes. But this is not hard. You need to call the County in which the judgment is filed and ask for Child Support Enforcement. They can help you from there. Good luck!! Call if you have questions.

Lawrence J. Marraffino
Gainesville Family Law Attorney

This answer cannot be a substitute for legal advice which requires more information from the client than can be obtained in this forum. Therefore this answer CANNOT BE RELIED UPON AS LEGAL ADVICE FROM THIS ATTORNEY.