We'll help you find the right solution for your needs
Does this sound like your topic?
I am from Brasil. My current situation:
I am living in Philadelphia with my boyfriend and on a F-1 and I decided to defer enrollment to my college until next semester. Without realizing it, this killed off my F-1 and I was told I need to leave in 9 days from today. (15 days from when they filed my leaving class)
Could I file an I-539 to change my status over to a B-2? I already have a tourist visa for the United States.
Given that I have 9 days, would this allow me to stay over while waiting for their judgement? I've read that if they say no, they will cancel my B-2 visa, is this true?
Thanks!Also, I would then re-enroll on January 6th which means I could re-enter the country December 6th under my F-1. If I stay in the US under my B-2, could I simply go to Montreal for a weekend and then come back into the states using my F-1 instead of my B-2?