Skip to main content

When filing a I-130 do you need to submit a birth certificate for the person you are filing ?

El Paso, TX |

I'm going to file a I-130 but I am confuse if i have to send a translated birth certificate. My husband is sending the petition for me. i know we have to send his birth certificate but i am not sure if we have to send one for my self.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


The instructions, the statutes and the regulations can be difficult to understand. I presume you are asking about an I-130 Petition for Relative Alien to be filed by a U.S. Citizen for an eligible spouse. Among the many items to be submitted, it will be necessary to provide evidence of of the petitioner's U.S. citizenship (such as a birth certificate showing birth in the U.S.) and it also will be necessary to provide a copy of the beneficiary's birth certificate.

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

David N. Soloway
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
1800 Century Place, Suite 100
Atlanta, Georgia 30345
404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 *

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer