Skip to main content

When being questioned an you request a lawyer how long do they have to let you see one

Mount Sterling, KY |
Attorney answers 2


You need to hire a criminal defense attorney ASAP if your son has been in jail for 19 days! I assume he was arrested and appeared before a district court judge for arraignment. I further assume he asked for a public defender if he could not afford private counsel. I further assume the police questioning stopped after he asked for an attorney. I am unsure of your post. Does he have an attorney representing him now? Is he out of custody? Get some legal help if you don't already have some ASAP.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..


Something is missing. Has he been charged? Has he been arraigned? A PD should have been appointed at arraignment.