Skip to main content

When adding a creditor in Chapter 7, do I send them a copy of the B9A that the clerk sent or do I fill out a new B9A?

Nashville, TN |

If I'm required to complete a new B9A, I'm unsure if it is appropriate for me to complete the section marked "For the Court:" where the clerks name is listed?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

You should have received an original B9A from the court after you filed. It will have your complete social security number on it (If you try to get a copy from the court, it will only have the last 4 digits). Copy the one you received, front and back and send it to the added creditor, or if you do get a copy from the court, provide the complete SS# when you send it out. In either case, you then file a certificate of service with the court indicating that the notice included the entire social security number.


You must make copies of all pages of the B9A and mail it to each of the new creditors. You CAN'T draft a new one.

Be sure to designate "best answer." If you live in Oregon, you may call me for more detailed advice, 503-650-9662. Please be aware that each answer on this website is based upon the facts, or lack thereof, provided in the question. To be sure you get complete and comprehensive answers, based upon the totality of your situation, contact a local attorney who specializes in the area of law that involves your legal problem. Diane L. Gruber has been practicing law in Oregon for 26 years, specializing in family law, bankruptcy, estate planning and probate. Note: Diane L. Gruber does not represent you until a written fee agreement has been signed by you and Diane L. Gruber, and the fee listed in the agreement has been paid.


I am not sure how you think you would fill out a B9A as it is a document prepared by the Clerk of the Court, not you. Send the original B9A and file a certificate of service which you must prepare. Hope this perspective helps!



Thank you for your responses. For some reason there is an available form on the US Courts website. That was my interpretation after reading the form, but as complex as this is, I'm trying to question my perspective on every point.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer