Skip to main content

Whats the Worst DWI charge i Can get in NC

Crestview, FL |

I was going onto Fort Bragg army base in north carolina. at the gate i blew a .04. i was 20 at the time, I am 21 now and just know getting a summons 4 months later. I already attended alcohol abuse classes and was separated from the military. Why am i being summoned? The state is punishing me too? What can i expect? Also i dont live in North carolina anymore Im in florida now.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You'll need to contact an attorney in NC. I do have some experience with this in NC. It's not clear whether this is a criminal charge or just a civil infraction. NC has a civil infraction called provisional licensee, which should be a civil infraction. However, they also could charge you under their zero tolerance DWI law. If it's charged criminally, may be able to get the charged reduced to a civil infraction based on the facts.


I strongly suggest you contact an attorney in NC.

Every case and situation is different and vary greatly depending on specific facts. My posts are not to be considered complete answers to each question. My posts do not constitute an attorney/client relationship. I am only licensed to practice in the State of Florida and in federal courts. Florida Bar #337821, admitted 1982.


Every state has different laws regarding DUI. You also have the added wrinkle of possibly having the military involved. I would start with contacting an attorney in North Carolina who might be able to reach out to the local prosecutor's office to get some information. It may be possible to resolve it without actually appearing in court through a Plea In Absentia.


I moderately suggest you contact an attorney in North Carolina.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer