Whats the sentencing for a larceny after breaking and entering

North Myrtle Beach, SC |

he is also being charged with felony conspiracy and breaking and entering

Breaking and entering a motor vehicle carries a potential punishment from 0-5 yrs. the other charges could add to the sentence if they were to run consecutively but it depends on a number of factors that are unclear so far. As this is a felony and you are talking multiple charges, I would seek a lawyer to help you with these charges.

Michael David Morin

Michael David Morin

Also the sentence for the larceny will depend on value of property and whether you have prior property crime convictions. I am unclear as to the breaking and entering question. Into a car? Into a Building? Into a Home?

Larceny dependws on the value of what was stolen. if it is less thatn $1,000.00, the max is 30 days. If he broke into a building, this is burgalry, and the more serious chare (as is breaking into a vehicle if it is a vehicle). If it is a building, the range of sentences depend on whenter it was a residence or non-residential building, and whenter it was at night or whether guns were stolen (these are aggravating circumstances. If it not a residence, with no aggravating circustances, up to 5 years. If it is a residence with no aggravating circumstances, or it is non-resience with aggravating circumstances, up to 15 years. If it is a residence with aggravating circumstatnces, 15 years to life.