Skip to main content

Whats the sentence for attempt unarmed robbery with no priors?

Los Angeles, CA |

My boyfriend is in custody for attempted car jack and attempt robbery , they dropped the gun charge and at his next court date they're dropping the attempt car jack. he did not actually do the crime and the person already admitted to committing to the crime . although if my boyfriend gets convicted of attempt unarmed robbery whats the sentence? ,is he eligible for probation?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


For 2nd degree attempted robbery with no firearm involved it is 1/2 of 2, 3 or 5 years in SP. Probation is possible.

Because I was recently congratulated by an Avvo questioner for having the courage not to use a disclaimer, let me make it clear that I have always answered questions subject to the Avvo general disclaimer. The answers I give are for educational purposes and not to be relied upon for legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is intended or established by virtue of these answers.


He is looking at 2-5 years in state prison. Probation is possible.



See Penal code 664. But think that probation though potentially possible is very unlikely w/o agreement with DA and court

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.


I agree with my colleagues and I will only add that whether probation is granted or not might turn on the probation department's recommendation.

The response above is not intended as legal advice. This response is for educational purposes only. I have not met with you and I am not knowledgeable about the specific details of your case. Each case is unique and different. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you contact and meet with a licensed criminal defense attorney to discuss your specific circumstances. In addition, an attorney-client relationship is not created by virtue of this response.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer