Skip to main content

What would happen to a guy thats 26 years old and he gets a 14 year old pregnant but what if they both wanted that?

Southampton, NY |
Attorney answers 3


The girl cannot legally consent regardless of what she wanted so the man is facing statutory rape charged. As for taking responsibility the law will make sure that happens. .... its called child support. The man needs a really good criminal defense lawyer.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


The man would be liable for a prison sentence. He would also be liable for child support and birthing costs. He would be classified a sex-offender for life and report accordingly and have his location be public record and his activities limited and monitored. The child's consent is no defense as she is incapable of consent until 17 as a matter of law.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.


Mutual consent does not mitigate the criminality of the offense. This is statutorily prohibited. A girl 14 years old is deemed not to have given a valid consent.

Only see a licensed attorney before you make any decision. This answer may not be perfect in any given situation. However, more fact may be required by your local attorney. If you are in Las Vegas, you are welcome to send your questions regarding Chapter 7, or 13 to Attorney Malik Ahmad at or or by calling (702) 270-9100. In many cases, we do not charge initial consultation fee.