Skip to main content

What would happen if you gave a minor 20 bucks and he spent it on beer???

Brookville, PA |

i did not buy the beer nore have no physical contact with it he spent the money i lowned him on beer and i got charged for curroption of minors. i have no criminal background. what would be the penaltys i would have to face?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You are being charged with a misdemeanor of the first degree. The maximum penalty is 5 years in jail and a $10,000 fine. You need to retain an experienced criminal defense attorney and if you cannot afford a private lawyer you should apply for a public defender.


Mr. Keller as usual is absolutely correct. You need good legal representation now. Do not post any more information on this public website or anywhere else on the Internet. Speak privately eith an experienced riminal defense attorney. Most of us here will consult with you at no charge. Seems like a " no-brainer" to me.


If you are charged with corruption of the morals of a minor you are looking at a potential maximum sentence of up to 5 years and a maximum fine $10,000. You should speak to a criminal defense attorney immediately. If this is the first time you've been in trouble, you may qualify for ARD or other diversion program. If you had no idea what the minor was going to do with the money you lent him, you might have a defense to the charge. Only an experienced lawyer , with full knowledge of the facts, can give you a good assessment of your case. Good luck.


While the the maximum sentences have been accurately cited, you are not looking at the max on these facts. Nevertheless, more information is needed and you should consult with a private attorney to prepare your defense. This is not a matter you can resolve on Avvo without a lawyer.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer