Skip to main content

What would be the reason you would have to have to have an executor removed .? Also, if something of value was taken from the

North Augusta, SC |

estate or there are questions to who gets what, how do you have the items put in a save place until the dispute is settled. to protect from loss or theft?
say someone takes something for the deceased before her death and says it was given to them before how can you make the executor have the item put in a safe place until the dispute is settled

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You will need your own attorney to address your concerns.
The attorney representing the executor cannot represent the beneficiaries.
Your attorney can address the issues at hand with the estate attorney and hopefully come to a friendly conclusion.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.


YOU probably cannot make the executor do this, but a judge can. You should consult with a probate attorney to determine if there is a valid reason to have the executor removed. Often times, people assume that this can be done for little or no reason, and they are often frustrated when the court fails to agree.

James Frederick

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!


The answer to your specific question will depend on a variety of factors. This is one instance in which I believe you should go talk with the lawyer immediately. You should be able to talk with the lawyer free of charge who can guide you as to whether or not you truly do need legal representation.

Mr. Twombley is licensed to practice law in South Carolina and Georgia. His phone number is 843-982-0100, his email address is and his website is

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer