Skip to main content

What would be the best way to renew my Green Card?

Mobile, AL |

My Green Card has been expired. So is there any speediest way to renew it?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Complete form I-90 and mail it to the USCIS.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


That is correct and this of course assumes that you have not abandoned your green card by staying out of the country for more than one year.


If you already qualify for applying for citizenship and can meet the physical presence and good moral character requirement and are literate in English, then my advise to you would be to fi,e for naturalization rather than waste your money to pay theI-90 application fee.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


You will have to complete a renewal application and file with USCIS. There is no speedy way to renew. In an emergency; you may be able to get a stamp in your passport.