What will happen when assult and battery happens to another person?

Chester, CA |

My sister was driving in her car and this girl came running at her and while she was In the driver ( my sister) the other girl grabbed her throat and pushed the door shut and wouldn't let my sister out. My sister never my a comment or touch her the other girl cane out of no where and also the officer sited her with a assult and battery.

Sometimes the police charge both people or the wrong person during an altercation. Proving that your sister's involvement was not criminal will require a talented criminal defense attorney. People often feel like they don't need a lawyer when they're innocent because the truth is so obvious to them. Your sister might be the only one charged and the other girl will probably be a witness.

The other girl was charged for assaulting my sister.

Nicholas Milan Loncar

Nicholas Milan Loncar

In that case your sister will likely be called to testify against the other girl. If you're asking what the likely punishment the other girl will receive, that's a tough one to answer. Attacking a driver, and when there are children in the car, seems pretty serious. It will also depend on her criminal history, etc.

Other girl who was charged with stealing from a store other than that nothing else but she has psychological problems

Nicholas Milan Loncar

Nicholas Milan Loncar

I would say that just further clouds the situation. There are a lot of unknowns here including the exact charges, so it could be anything from probation to prison.

The girl who got charge she got a ticket for stealing at a store. My sister Was wondering to what can she do cause when the girl attacked her she reached her arm through my sisters car window and grabbed her throat and my sister felt helpless because the girl wasn't letting my sister out cause the girls body was against the door

Nicholas Milan Loncar

Nicholas Milan Loncar

So the other girl (attacker) hasn't been arrested or charged for the assault? If that's the case, and the police do not know about it, your sister can report the attack. The police will then investigate and choose whether to make an arrest. Then the DA decides whether to file charges.

Your question is vague. Was your sister cited for assault? Were you a witness? How did your sister assault the other woman? Why are they fighting? Try to ask one question at a time or you will confuse everyone.

My sister wasn't cited the other girl who attacked her was. No I was not a witness my sister had a 9 year old and a 12 year old. The other girl jumped from her car and grabbed my sisters throat and pushed her body o. The door so she couldn't get out the car or get help in any way. My sister was driving her car before the assult and the other girl thought someone yelled her name that's what started it.

It's a little difficult to follow your question, so you may want to take the time to rephrase it. However, sometimes a cop will cite both people in such a scenario and let the prosecutor's office sort it out later. Your sister's best bet is to hire a local criminal attorney to fight the charges against her. Good luck.