Skip to main content

What will happen to me for a criminal traffic 28-701 02 az

Fountain Hills, AZ |
Attorney answers 3


Criminal speeding is a Class 3 misdemeanor, punishable by up to 30-days in jail, a $500 fine with a possible surcharge, and 1-year of probation.

You should very strongly consider hiring an experienced criminal attorney to assist you in this matter. Unless there was a problem with the officer's radar unit, beating this case on the merits will be tough. Negotiating with the prosecutor as a pro per (unrepresented) defendant can also be difficult. This is why it is important to have an attorney who handles these types of cases to negotiate on your behalf.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the process.

Charlie Naegle
Criminal Defense Attorney
The Naegle Law Firm
668 N. 44th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85008
Office #: 602-685-1122

Legal disclaimer: If this answer was helpful, please mark it as a good answer. My answer is for general information only should not be taken as legal advice. My answer is limited to the facts presented and may not be complete and may not apply to you. My answer is given upon the condition that you will contact a licensed attorney to receive legal advice that applies to your particular situation.To become my client, we must have a fee agreement in place. That fee agreement is not offered via this site.


The best outcome will be if you can negotiate this charge down to a civil speeding ticket. There will still be points on your record, but it won't be criminal. You can do this yourself or hire an attorney. Often times retaining counsel is more expensive than the ticket.

Good luck,

Aaron Black
Criminal Defense Attorney


Each attorney's answer is on point and should be helpful. Whether you should hire counsel to assist you depends on your circumstances and how you feel about them. For example, if you already have points on your record and you could lose your license as a result of even civil infraction then it would certainly be advisable. Generally speaking though, in my view you should have an attorney any time you go into a court before a judge and prosecutor. There are many good attorneys out there who charge varying fees. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer