Skip to main content

What will happen if my husband can't attend court ordered counseling?

Dallas, TX |

The judge ordered counseling my him, child and mother of child for 4 months every other week. He can't take off of work to attend the sessions that are only offered during the day and can't afford the split cost. He was recently required to pay hopsital bills and increased child support and retroactive. There is no more money to give...What happens now?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


The Judge gets mad at your husband and may very well rule against him in whatever is before the Court. The time to fight this was before the Judge ordered the counseling. Your husband really needs to talk to a good family law attorney. My guess is he's trying to do this on his own and we can see how well that is going. I understand attorneys cost money, but not having an attorney usually costs much more.

For educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship was established by this communication.