Skip to main content

What will happen if i didn't get my son a visa going to Philippines ? How is it important ?

San Francisco, CA |

In going to Philippines with my son and hes a US citizen . They said that i would have to get a visa for him because were staying there for more than 21 days . Probably 2 to 3 months . I wanna know if what are the consequences or what will happen if i didn't get him a visa but stayed in Philippines for more than 21 days ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You would have to speak to a lawyer who practices immigration law in the Philippines. Most lawyers on this forum practice U.S. law. Good luck to you.
Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
T: (201)875-2600
F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.


The consequences would depend on immigration laws in the Philippines. A violation of those laws could affect his ability to return there, but it won't matter for purposes of coming back to the United States.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. No client-attorney relationship is created through this information. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions.


It is not an immigration question really.; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.