Skip to main content

What will happen at my arraignment if I had a hot check?

Kerrville, TX |

I did not know about it and this is the first time I have been contacted about the issue. I paid the check off but I still have to go to court. The check is from 2011

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Bring proof that you paid the check and that will probably resolve the issue.



well I live 2 hours away from where it was done. so I paid it over the phone a couple days ago.

Christine B. Adams

Christine B. Adams


May the call the attorney's who represent the creditor? It should be in the court notice.


You may want to post this question in the field of criminal defenses, not debt collection. Settling a civil matter may or may not influence criminal prosecution. Hope this perspective helps!


You may wish to chat with the prosecuting attorney to determine what he's looking to do. It may be that you can get it resolved without even going to court. Yes, of course, bring proof of payment, and be prepared to explain why the failure to pay was in error, and not deliberate.

I'm not your attorney; my answer includes assumptions. If you want me to be your attorney, I'm easy to find.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer