Skip to main content

What types of help are there for domestically abused women?

Greensboro, NC |

Are there any programs out there that helps out abused women and children? If so, what types of helps are available and for how long?


+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Most cities in NC have women's shelters. There is the women's commission and legal aid can help. There should be some assistance for you at the Courthouse to help you file the appropriate paperwork to get a restraining order, custody, housing and possibly child support depending on your situation. There numerous other agencies, church groups, etc in your area. Since you have access to a computer you may want to check out specifically what help you can get. You need to take that first step to protect yourself and your children. You should go to the Greensboro court house and talk to victim's assistance.

I am not intending this to be legal advice, because I don't know the particulars of your situation. Call me if you would like to discuss this or other isues.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer