Skip to main content

What type of marital settlement agreement divorce form do i need to file if wife and i agreed everything without support?

Buford, GA |

both of wife and me will agree to sign divorce without all such as alimony, child support, insurance, property, etc..... i live in the GA USA and she lives in South Korea. can i send form to her so she will sign it then send it back to me and she will not need to show up in a hearing court right? she couldn't come back to the USA due to green card expire. what type of specific settlement agreement for divorce do i need to file? she has one son 15 yrs old and one daughter 14 yrs who are not my children. she live with them in korea. i saw too many different forms which one i need to choose to file..

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Your situation has too many variables to answer in this format. You definitely should speak with an attorney as soon as possible.

If you have further questions, call me at 770-904-5115. The information and opinion rendered herein is done as a courtesy and is for general informational purposes. Nothing herein may be construed by any party as to give rise to an attorney-client relationship.


You have a lot of stuff going on and you definatley need a local attny, he or she will help you.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.


First of all, do NOT do divorce with forms. The best forms are inadequate, and incorrectly done, you may have major problems. See a lawyer.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.


Every divorce settlement agreement must be tailored to the specific needs of the client. While there is common language, the devil is in the details. You need to consult with an attorney to ensure an agreement is presented that will be accepted by the Court.

The above answer is a general explanation of legal rights and procedures. It does not constitute legal advice. Nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship between the individual posting the question and the attorney providing the answer