Skip to main content

What type of lawyer do I need to fight a cps case. I feel that my civil rites are being violated.

Kalkaska, MI |

There have been no charges of domestic violence or child abuse or child neglect against me or the person that is with me. But cps says we can't be together and if we are they will take the kids from her. How can some one say you can't be together when there are no criminal charges against either person

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You need a Family Law attorney specializing in Child Abuse or Neglect cases. Criminal charges are not required for the State to protect children.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.


This can happen; you're not the only one. I agree with Mister Rafter.

Answers are for informational purposes, not legal advice for your specific situation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer