Skip to main content

What type of lawyer do I need

Chicago, IL |

I went to this warehouse and bought a new bed they didn't have all the pieces to my set I asked for my money back and they said No what can I do

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You would need to contact a consumer rights attorney. However, you can sue them, yourself, in small claims court (assuming that the value of the bed is within Illinois' small claims jurisdiction).

Ms. Berjis is licensed to practice law in the State of California. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship.


Consumer protection, that said, you might be able to dispute by calling management or through your credit card.

Though we strive to provide accurate legal information in our answers on AVVO, our answer should not be construed as legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Our firm only forms attorney-client relationships by written agreement signed by both our firm and the client. Please seek an in-person consultation with an attorney immediately as almost all legal matters are time sensitive and failing to meet deadlines can result in adverse consequences.


Any lawyer who handles general business law cases can handle this claim. Depending of the value of the bed this may also be a case you should consider handling yourself and save the legal fees.
This does not appear very complicated, you bought a bed, you paid for it, it did not have all the pieces.
YOur state may also have a consumer protection act that may increase your damages. The consumer protection act in Pennsylvania for instance provides for three times the damages.

If you feel this is the "best" answer or is "helpful," please indicate. Since I am limited to the information you provide, I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the answer. You should seek the advise of an attorney who can explore all aspects of your question. This communication does not form an attorney client relationship.


A local consumer law attorney