Skip to main content

What type of lawyer do I need? Is false arrest lawyer in Alabama allowed to work on %?

Lapine, AL |

I was falsely arrested on 9-14-12 for Obstruction of Governmental Operations (Arrested the previous day as well). All charges were dismissed on 10-10-13. Officer admitted on the stand that he arrested me, without reading me my rights, and that he arrested me without witnessing an offense. I would like to know what all can be done about this, and how I need to proceed.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need to contact a civil lawyer that files civil lawsuits either in state or federal court in your jurisdiction. There are state statutes of limitations in which to sue for state torts for false arrest, unlawful detention, malicious prosecution, libel, slander, pain and suffering, violation ofyour state/federal civil rights, etc. Some attorneys have an expertise in the area. 1983 federal civil right violations. Locate one in your area. Time is not your friend. Gather the documents and meet with counsel.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..


Probably nothing. It is not illegal to arrest and not read you your rights. File a complaint with internal affairs.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.


Report it to IAD

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer