Skip to main content

What type of attorney do I need for this matter? And if your qualified please help!

Manville, NJ |

To make a long story short, I was 32 weeks pregnant when my insurance company dropped me. I had my son on 12/25/11. I had to go to social services and get medicaid for the rest of my pregnancy which I didn't get for awhile. Its was a horrible experience and because I had medicaid I had resident drs and I just didn't fele like I was treated right. I got a huge injury and now its a scar on my back and they covered their ass by saying its a friction burn but I had another dr tell me it was definitely not it was chemical or electrical but because they covered their ass in the report he couldn't say if they were neglegent. Someone please help me and tell me if I have a case. This all took such an emotional/physical toll on me. I had to deal with pain and tksing care of a newborn. Help!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


try to post this question in a medical malpractice section (this is immigration). Good luck to you!

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


This is not an immigration question, but I could refer you to a couple of med/mal lawyers who may be able to help you.


I have changed the category to Medical Malpractice.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.


New Jersey Medical Malpractice - Post-Partum Scarring - Misleading Medical Records - By Patrick Amoresano: When clients tell a story that evokes the thought - Well that's not supposed to happen! - more often than not there's been medical negligence. In addition, misleading medical records are not uncommon when something unusual has happened to the patient. You should certainly speak with an experienced New Jersey Medical Malpractice Attorney right away, one who's been Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney.


Have a local med mal lawyer in your city investigate. The only way to know if there was malpractice is to retain a local med mal lawyer who can order the medical records and send them to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care. I’m sorry, but my firm only handles serious birth injury cases, failure to diagnose cancer cases, and wrong site surgery cases.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


Did you have a c-section? I ask because surgical burns happen relatively frequently for a variety of reasons. Even if it were a "friction burn" you would not expect that kind if thing if the medical providers were following accepted standards of care. The issue will be how bad the burn is and whether the case is financially viable.

Please note that by attempting to answer your question, I am not acting as your attorney. I will do nothing further to protect or preserve your interests in the absence of any additional discussion with you about this matter. John Ratkowitz, Esq. Starr, Gern, Davison & Rubin, P.C. 105 Eisenhower Parkway Roseland, NJ 07068 Office: (973) 830-8441 Cell: (732) 616-6278 Fax: (973) 226-0031 Skype: john_ratkowitz Web: