What to include in an amendment for a name change

Dallas, TX |

there was a typo in the original name change form. now the court is asking me to submit an amendment. what are the basics of that amendment?

Filed under: Family law

amendment could be defined as a supplement or a change to a document that was previously filed.

i filed 3 documents: - petition - verification - notice of petition do you know which one I should amend? thanks.

If you don't understand how to file an amendment, I would contact a lawyer who does family law in your jurisdiction. If you're only asking for them to draft an amendment that you would then file yourself, the lawyer will likely quote you a low reasonable flat fee for the amendment.

Disclaimer: This post does not create an attorney-client relationship. This post is for informational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice. This post is not a substitute for holding an in-person initial consult with an attorney.