Skip to main content

What to do if your Green card was denied because of F-1 status change?

Fullerton, CA |

My friend was denied a Green Card because the UCICS said she 'violated' the status of her F-1? She came to the US with an F-1, graduated, but then started to work. She also has an A-2 (dependent) . She has been here for about 11 years from Indonesia. She has relatives that have dual citizenship. What can she do now? Can she appeal and reapply?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


It depends on the underlying visa petition what can or cannot be done. Your friend should consult with an immigration attorney for a review of her case.


You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


It all depends. There is 30 days to appeal, but need to know much more and read the denial decision to determine whether there is basis for appeal. Have her seek professional help as soon as possible.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


Have her call me for a consult over phone, email or Skype. I speak Indonesian and I may be able to shed some light on her case. As the other colleague pointed out we need more information to evaluate her case and offer options if any are available.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer