Skip to main content

What to do if you were deported and was paying child support

Houston, TX |

my husband recently got deported to mexico he was paying child support and getting his kid every weekend his kids mother said she is gonna get him off child support and just get full custody of him can she do that me being his wife legally can i do something to fight on my husbands behalf

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Terminating a person's parental rights is much more difficult that your husband's ex seems to believe. The fact that your husband was deported and will not be able to come back, at least not legally, may make it easier for her, but she cannot terminate his rights without filing a petition to terminate his rights, giving him proper legal notice, and having a trial. If your husband is able to continue sending child support, it will make it even more difficult for her.