Skip to main content

What to do if someone is suing me for unpaid wages when he was never an employee on the books just a friend who offered help.

Albany, NY |

We had an original arrangement where nothing was concrete or in contract where he would be made a partner if he contributed time and effort. He never did and he kept writing his own contracts that gave him more than we had agreed upon. He began harassing us and we told him not to contact us unless it was in a more professional manner and he broke all communication. Now 2 years later we are getting a letter from the department of labor for unpaid wages.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Hire a lawyer who handles these type of cases. The law is very favorable to employees in this area and you can get yourself in trouble without legal guidance.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.



Thanks the amount is only I think 1,200 dollars so we might just pay it which is a shame because he doesn't deserve it.


Find a good wage and hour attorney. The prior response is on the money. As the employer(or alleged employer) you have specific responsibilities that you may have breached.

No attorney client relationship has been created by this answer.


Call my office and I may be able to guide you in the right direction

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer