Skip to main content

What to do if i lost my job and cant pay lawyer fees?

Houston, TX |

i hired a lawyer in harris county court for mis. assault. Do i contact courts and/or will i be able to get a lawyer appointed?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

This issue will be addressed in court... if your current attorney withdraws. You will only be able to receive a court appointed counsel if you qualify. Besides losing your job, there are other factors that the judge may consider in determining whether to grant you a court appointed lawyer. This includes among, other things, whether you have other resources available.

The information provided is not advice but a legal perspective and you should schedule a consultation with the lawyer of your choice.


Talk to the lawyer you hired and ask this question. The lawyer is still your lawyer until the court releases him or her.

This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney.


This is a criminal law question, so I am taking the liberty of changing the practice area you selected. The average "Lawsuits & Disputes" lawyer like me typically knows little or nothing about criminal law and criminal procedure.

Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer