Skip to main content

What to do if a minor accidentally stab the person who is beating him?

New York, NY |

the person who has been stabbed was with his 2 friends and they are the first to attack the minor and beat him badly and when the minor got the chance he stab 1 of them while they still beating him.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Contact a criminal defense lawyer immediately about pressing charges and a self defense theory. Do not post details on line. this is not a confidential forum.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

John J. Carney

John J. Carney


I do not think they need to be worried, first they are not the person accused, and second I cannot imagine a prosecutor looking to admit these questions into evidence at a trial.


Hire an attorney to defend the charges, hopefully in family court

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.


I agree with my colleges, you should NOT be posting ANY details about this incident here, or on any internet website. Anything you post could be used in a court of law against the minor. Your best bet is to contact a local Avvo criminal defense attorney in the area. Most will offer a free consultation. Good luck with this situation.

I will be happy to speak with you at no cost with a FREE phone consultation if you have a San Diego or California matter. Please call my office at 619-238-1905 or visit my website at