Skip to main content

What to do if, repeated attempt to contact our bankruptcy attorney failed and still no response from their office.

Casa Grande, AZ |

Since 2008 we file chp 13 till today, we made several attempt to contact our lawyer. In late Nov last yr, we finally have a name who our lawyer. We have no access to his personal contact nor his email. We made request from the paralegal to have our lawyer to contact us but he never did nor the paralegal tell us the reasons, why.The last letter from the attorney office expressing their dissapointment with us because we involved the trustee office of our concern to not have contact or spoken to our lawyer for the last 2yrs.The only person we are allowed to contact or talk to is their paralegal, who told us what to do and whom advices we have followed. The attorney office accuses us of dishonesty in our case. We feel uneasy the paralegal is submitting 2 same prop plan with different amount.

What should we do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I hate to say this but if you have tried telephoning your attorney, emailing your attorney & faxing your attorney, and you have gotten the Chapter 13 Trustee involved with your inability to communicate with your attorney, you may need to contact the bar assoiciation with this problem.

A paralegal is not qualified to answer legal questions or to provide advice, and if that has been what is happening, the bar association may need to look into it.

Hope this helps & good luck!


You can always contact the local bar association or disciplinary committee to complain that the attorney has not responded to your calls.

REQUEST: Please give this answer a "thumbs up"(below) if you find it valuable.

Good Luck!

Disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted in the States of New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts only and make no attempt to opine on matters of law that are not relevant to those three States. This advice is based on general principles of law that may or may not relate to your specific situation. Facts and laws change and these possible changes will affect the advice provided here. Consult an attorney in your locale before you act on any of this advice. You should not rely on this advice alone and nothing in these communications creates an attorney client relationship. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author only and the fact that he has worked as an Assistant District Attorney; State Supreme Court Clerk; Special Assistant United States Attorney (Hawaii); Assistant Cornell University Counsel or Judge Advocate, United States Marine Corps should not be relied upon to assume that these statements reflect the policy of these organizations.


Contact the state bar and they will walk you through the process. I would also look into terminating the lawyer and looking for new counsel.