Skip to main content

What steps need to be taken to get a pardon/expungement in Wisconsin?

Waterford, WI |

When my boyfriend was 16 he was charged with a D felony for taking and driving a vehicle w/o consent. He was charged in an adult court and his attorney at the time told him to plea no contest. He is now 25 and would like to get it off his record if possible. We are ready to settle down and he is discouraged about his job outlook with that on his record. We don't really know where to start?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


As the law in Wisconsin stands now, one cannot have a felony "expunged." He will need to seek a governor's pardon or have his case reopened and the judgment modified. He will likely need a willing district attorney to agree to let him reopen the case in that event. I would suggest that he contact experienced criminal representation to assist him in this.

Good luck.

This response does not create an attorney-client relationship between us. Please seek experienced representation.