Skip to main content

What steps do I need to take to get rid to arrest alert on US immigration record?

New York, NY |

I was caught on the Canadian border transporting apprx 2lbs of Marijuana from the US into Canada around 28 years ago. I was held for 1 day, saw the judge and release on bail. The attorney I had then, told me to just go back to the US. Now whenever, I travel the record comes up that I was arrested in Canada at the US immigration. How can I get rid of this?

I am a legal resident Green card holder

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


What is your immigration status in the US?

Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


You would have to resolve the matter in Canada. One would have to analyze the situation to see if it would be worthwhile. Good luck.

This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.


Contact a Canadian criminal defense attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer