Skip to main content

What situations can cause someone to get denied a green card?

Chicago, IL |

We have a relative who was involved in very minor crimes as a child, and are wondering if this will prevent him from getting a green card.


+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


There are too many to list. Consult an attorney to see. Many juvenile convictions will not be considered IF , in fact they are juvenile convictions.

Make sure to obtain the entire record.. minor crimes or not

If you "like" this answer, please visit our website

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at


Please see

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


There are many crimes that fall under "crimes involving moral turpitude or CIMT". These crimes MAY get a person barred from an immigration benefit. Having said that, there are many exceptions to these CIMT. Please consult an immigration attorney you trust.


Khaja M. Din, Esq.
(312) 361-8462

Free Consultation For Your Immigration & Deportation Issues In Chicago

Din Memmen
4518 N. Kedzie Ave
Chicago, IL 60625

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer