Skip to main content

What should i file in stead of birth certificate for my SOS , I really don't have one ?

Austin, TX |

I am married to a USC , we left the country due to the war , we are going to file to adjust my status , I don't have any birth certificate , and I am not really sure how to find sworn affidavits from two people who have direct knowledge of my birth right now , lots of people left the country already and it's hard to get hold of anyone . what are the documents that considered substitutes for BC , will i get a REF if i don't file my BC ?


+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


It depends on your country of origin. The Foreign Affairs Manual may give you country specific guidance.


I agree with my colleague. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at .

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova


I agree with Eichorn. Always a good idea to get a consultation with an immigration lawyer. I'm sorry, but my firm only handles personal injury cases.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755