Skip to main content

What should I expect out of this? I am currently charged with felony assault with a weapon.

Kalispell, MT |

Basically a person who I have had trouble with years ago in a road rage situation similar to this one, followed me home for about 4-5 miles after I saw him out driving around again and I gave him the finger and while following me I thought he may try to run me off the road, but I make it home, get to the head of my driveway and park my car, he parks his right behind mine with his front tires most likely on my property...I don't know what is about to happen so I get out and act 1st and break out 2 of his windows with my metal pipe/car's jack handle, and then walk around his car while he is outside of it already and hit him in the arm once with the pipe, and then he pulls a gun on me and I run away, meanwhile a family member witnessed him pointing the gun at my back as I ran away!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

If you do not have an attorney, you need one. There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. If charged, you will be presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The likelihood of a positive outcome- exoneration or a mitigated sentence- is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. If you don't have an attorney seek an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers ( Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. NACDL local members:

Educational purposes answer. | | | | | Non-privileged answer.


Do not talk about the facts of your case. Anything you say can be used against you. You need consult with an attorney, and if you do not have one, either ask the court for the public defender or hire one. This is too serious of a charge not to be represented.

This is not meant to be legal advice but only a general response to a general question. Legal advice requires more attention to details and circumstances to be accurate and reliable. Do not rely on this response as legal advice. If you want legal advice about your matter, you must set up a consultation with this attorney by calling (406)756-911.


Mr. Baldwin is 100% correct -- stop posting on line and find yourself a criminal defense attorney now.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.