Skip to main content

What should I do to safely get out of my lease, and should I ask for any compensation?

San Antonio, TX |

I have a rat infestation in my Apt. It has been over a month now since I first complained about the issue. I have taken pictures of every incident and of all the mess the rats have made in my apartment. In that month I have had 4 respiratory infections and my doctor said that it can be linked to exposure to rodents and their feces. On top of my medical bills from this issue my dog also got a bacteria infection and the vet told me it was very plausible to link it to exposure to the rodents. The rodent problem and failure to fix and a/c unit in 102 degree weather three times forcing me and my dog to live and sleep in over 100 degree tem. for days, I want out of this apt and compensation for my medical expenses, how and can I fight for this.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You can sue in small claims on breach if implied warranties . Or hire attorney to do same.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer